Hi, I’m Alan. While some of you have been visiting my various blogs since I started writing back in 1998, many of you are new. Thank you for visiting!
I’ve actually been writing online before the term ‘blogging’ was invented. Back then it was called ‘online journaling’. I’ve had a few different websites and blogs since then, and Alan’s Journey is the most recent, which I started in late 2012.
About me and this blog
I’m a 48 year old mild-mannered business analyst by day, and opinionated writer by night. I live in Canberra (Australia) with my beautiful wife, Fanfan.
This blog is an archive of my insights, observations and opinions about various topics of interest to me. The posts you’ll find here include observations about my life, as well as some of the things I’ve learned along the way. Maybe you’ll find something worthwhile here. I hope you do.
Here’s some aspects of my personality, which can tell you a lot about who I am, and what I enjoy writing about:
- I have strong value systems
- I’m very interested in people
- I’m loyal and devoted to people and causes
- I’m future oriented
- I’m growth oriented, always wanting to grow positively
- I’m creative and inspirational
- I’m flexible and laid back, unless a ruling value is violated
- I’m sensitive and complex
- I dislike dealing with details and routine work
- I’m original and individualistic
- I have excellent written communication skills
- I prefer working alone
- I value deep and authentic relationships
- I want to be appreciated for who I am
The subjects I love writing about in my life can be seen in the list of Categories.
My hobbies include:
- reading and writing
- offroad driving
- computer gaming
- philosophy and spirituality
- eating out and enjoying good food
- smartphone photography
- people watching
Oh, and drinking chai lattes at good cafes while hanging out with my friends and watching people walking by.
So that’s me. I hope you enjoy what I write, and feel like coming back to read more. It’d be great to see your comments on here as time goes by. If you’re interested in commenting, of course…
Some of my best articles
Here’s a few of my most popular articles, which can tell you a bit more about what topics I enjoy writing about:
- A new discovery – the Zeta male
- Stop worrying about things that haven’t happened
- Passive Aggression and Relationships
- Are you an Indigo Adult?
- My INTP personality
- Why I want to be a Perpetual Traveler
- Are you ashamed to be a man?
- Problems are opportunities for growth