Steve Pavlina has a new article on Blogging for Personal Growth, which I’ll just touch on a few points here. Read the rest of the article at Steve’s blog, where he talks about how blogging may be one of the best tools of personal growth.
- Courage – sharing yourself publicly builds courage
- Giving Hope – what you blog about can give others hope
- Motivation – helping others can be a better motivation than just helping yourself
- Self-Assessment – blogging can help you develop a more honest self-assessment
- Self Esteem – helping others builds your own self esteem
- Connection – blogging is predominantly a social experience
- Transforming existing relationships – blogging helps strengthen both online and offline relationships
- Self-Expression – you can instantly self-publish whatever you want
- Accountability – you are accountable for the impact of your words on your readers
- Contribution – you can make a difference in other people’s lives
- Synergy – relationships develop between you, the blogger, and your blog readers
- Income – monetizing your blog brings you money
- Marketing – your blog automatically notifies people and websites that it’s been updated
Please visit Steve’s site to read further detail with each point. Well worth the read.
Thanks for reading! Please add your own thoughts below.
Don't forget to subscribe for new posts sent to you by email!